Swords Castle - Ward River Valley
* Swords Castle is situated in the centre of the ancient town of Swords about 15 Km north of Dublin City
* It is the former residence of the Archbishop of Dublin and it is the only fortified residence of the Archbishop to survive in a reasonable state today.
* The buildings that make up the castle form a rough pentagon enclosing an area of approximately 0.5 Ha with a perimeter wall of 305 meters. .
* The castle was built over a period of 400 years starting before 1200 AD.
* The Castle s being restored by Fingal County Council working with the state training organisation FÁS.
The castle is not open to the public at present due to ongoing restoration works.
Groups can be catered for by arrangement.
Contact 890 5600 to arrange a visit.
* The Park is in the centre of Swords Town.
* By Car: Signposted from the M1/N1 Dublin-Belfast north of Swords.
* By Bus: Bus 33, 33B, 41, 41B and 43 from Eden Quay inDublin city to Swords Town Centre.
Telephone (01) 890 5600
Fax (01) 890 5649