Santry Demesne Regional Park

Santry Demesne opened as a regional Park in 2004.  The site includes a 72 acre park and a 15 acre linear park on the banks on the Santry river.   

Santry Demesne public park is located on the site of what was once a palatial old house and gardens, built in 1703 on the site of an earlier medieval residence. The house fell into disrepair at the turn of the 20th century. There are many theories locally as to what happened next, but in 1947 a fire severely damaged the house which was then left derelict and was finally demolished in 1959.

Many clues to the house still exist and visitors can find the house foundations, front steps, tree avenue and the walled garden within the grounds of the park.  

Santry Demesne was officially taken in charge by Fingal County Council in June of 2003.

Community Garden / Walled Garden

The Community Garden which is located within the Walled Garden has been up and running for over 2 years and there is now a thriving Kitchen Garden and Heritage Orchard. The front section is currently being developed as a Recreational Garden which in time will be open to the public on a more regular basis. 
To become involved in the community garden project please contact  santrycommunitygarden@gmail.com
The park also contains a childrens’ playground and an extensive network of pathways to suit walkers, joggers and dog walkers alike.

For wedding photos at Santry Demesne please contact

Fingal's Operations Department (Balbriggan / Swords Operational Area) by phoning 01-890 5595 at least one week prior to the event.
Please note:
  • All rules and regulations governing the Park should be strictly adhered to.
  • No photographs are to be taken in the interior of the House.
  • All cars to be parked in the public car park.  Driving around the Park will not be permitted.  Vehicle horns are not to be sounded within the park.
  • All photographs are to be only for personal use and are not to form part of any commercial photography for brochures, magazines, etc.
  • Entrances, paths etc. are not to be obstructed.
Enjoy the day!

Getting There 

By Car

The Park is located on the N1, old Airport Road, just north of Santry Village next to Morton Stadium. 

Car Parking

There is free car parking to the right of the main gates as you enter the park.

Bus Routes

16, 16a, 33, 41, 41b, 41c.

Opening Hours

The opening hours of the Santry Demesne are as follows:

Month From To
January 9 am 5 pm
February 9 am 6 pm
March 9 am 6 pm
April 9 am 8 pm
May 9 am 9 pm
June 9 am 9 pm
July 9 am 9 pm
August 9 am 9 pm
September 9 am 8 pm
October 9 am 7 pm
November 9 am 5 pm
December 9 am 5 pm

Contact Us

Operations Department
Balbriggan / Swords Operational Area 
Telephone (01) 890 5595 
Fax (01) 890 5841 
Email: BalSwoOpArea@fingal.ie