Fingal County Council Allotment Schemes
Fingal County Council manages approximately 900 allotments at four different sites throughout the County. Three of our sites are located in the North County at Turvey in Donabate, Skerries and Balbriggan. The fourth site is located at Powerstown, close to Mulhuddart in the Dublin 15 area.
There are three different plot sizes available to rent: 50sqm, 100sqm and 200sqm (the 200sqm plots are only available at our Balbriggan and Turvey sites). This means that there is an allotment plot to suit all levels of interest, experience and time commitment.
We have very active Allotment Committees operating at our allotment sites. These committees represent and promote the interests of the plot holders. All of our plot holders are required to become members of their Allotment Association. The annual cost of joining is €10. This single €10 fee applies regardless of the number of plots rented by an individual. Fingal County Council works very closely with the Allotment Committees in dealing with any issues that may arise.
In 2018 we provided landscaping/clearing at a number of our sites. We installed metal access control bollards at our site in Powerstown. We are in the process of connecting the access gate at Skerries to the electricity network to make the gates fully automated. We continue to provide portaloos and skips for use by members.
In 2019 we again plan to work very closely with the Allotment Committees to deliver improvements to all sites which will mean increased benefits and enjoyment experienced by all plot holders.
Are you an existing plot holder? Are you interested in renewing your plot for 2019?
The renewal period for 2019 will be from Tuesday 1st January to Thursday 31st January 2019.
1. Complete the AL2- Allotment Renewal Form 2019
2. Complete the blank Licence Agreement with your Name, Address, allotment scheme name, and plot number. Please remember to sign and date the Agreement, and to have it witnessed by another person.
3. Telephone our Cash Office at either (01) 890 5309 or (01) 890 5376 and make the relevant payment for the plot plus the €10 Allotment Association Fee.
4. Send the completed forms along with proof of payment to Fingal County Council, Operations Department (Allotments), Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 before the closing date.
Not an existing plot holder? Are you interested in a plot at one of our Allotment sites for 2019?
Applications for plots at one of our 4 Allotment Sites are done on an annual basis. Our letting season for 2019 will run from Tuesday 1st January to Thursday 31st January.
1. Complete the AL1 - Allotment Application Form from 2019
2. Send the completed form to Fingal County Council, Operations Department (Allotments), Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 before the closing date.
We will be in contact with all new applicants once the letting period has closed.
Please be aware that new applications will only be considered during the January letting period each year. Fingal County Council no longer operates a Waiting List or Mid-Season Letting Period for allotment plots. Plots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
2019 Licence Year and Applicable Fees
|Balbriggan||01 Feb - 31 Dec||€50||€100||€200||€10|
|Powerstown||01 Feb - 31 Dec||€50||€100||N/A||€10|
|Skerries||01 Feb - 31 Dec||€50||€100||N/A||€10|
|Turvey||01 Feb - 31 Dec||€50||€100||€200||€10|
Please note that the €10 Allotment Association Fee is charged in addition to plot fees outlined in the table above.
Renewal or Application Forms / Information
|Site Map:||Powerstown Allotment Map|
|Site Map:||Turvey Allotment Map|
|Site Map:||Balbriggan Allotment Map|
|Site Map:||Skerries Allotment Map|
By Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post : Fingal County Council,
Operations Department (Allotments),
By telephone: (01) 8905595