Faigh tuilleadh eolais faoi an saibhreas eolais atá ar fáil trí ár n-acmhainní liteartha
Fingal Local Studies 1916 Resources
The Local Studies Library and Archives is a wonderful resource for researcher, teacher, and visitor alike. We preserve and make available archives collections, primary sources and publications, maps, photos and ephemera relating to the history of Dublin County and particularly, Fingal. We hold collections of original papers of a number of people involved in the 1914-1922 period including:
- Papers of Thomas Ashe, Richard Coleman, Edward Stafford, and Brigid Connolly.
- Papers of the Hely-Hutchinson family, two of whom were decorated WW1 officers.
Also available are a number of new resources specifically related to 1916 such as:
- An exhibition on “Fingal and the Fight for Irish Freedom” will be on display from April 2016 that will include the stories of some of the events in Fingal and of the men and women who were involved in the Easter Rising.
- An on-line archive is being developed out of the artefacts, photos, letters and stories that have been shared at the Fingal 2016 Centenary Memorabilia Days and will be available as soon as possible.
- Fingal Oral Histories series is being added to with “The 1916 Collection” which is a collection of recordings of relatives of those involved in the fight for Irish freedom. This is being launched on 16 February 2016, and will be available at our premises in Clonmel House, Forster Way, Swords.
Contact us to make an appointment to visit the Local Studies Library and Archives.
Commemorations Book Titles 1913-1923
Immerse yourself in the stories of the time with our Commemorations Titles 1913-1923 reference list which includes publications on the First World War and on Revolutionary Ireland.
You can also find more literature in our Fingal Library Catalogue
Interested in discovering your past? timeline.ie is a free genealogy resource that allows you to find out more.
Fingal Heritage Groups and Societies
Find out contact details or links to a network of historical and heritage societies throughout Fingal, many of which are planning events or lectures based on their local areas 1916 connections. Click here for this information.
Check out the websites of various National Institutions, many of which have specific 1916 sections, to discover more on this period such as historic photographs and eyewitness statements.